Nic Dolly, from Build U Fitness, gives us a bodyweight leg workout that your players can do at home, which will help strength and endurance. HOW TO TRAIN One set is: one jump squat, one jump lunge left, one right. Complete 100 of this set of exercises and record the time. See if you... MORE
U13–U16 | EVASION 1
Get your players used to taking a pass under pressure then stepping away and beating another opponent
- Mark out a 15m square area and put a 1m square box inside about 3m from one end. Put an attacker on the line in front of the box and a feeder to the side. Put a ruck pad holder 1m behind the box and position two defenders on the opposite corners of the area.
- When you say “go”, the attacker moves forward and takes a pass from the feeder just before he reaches the box.
- The attacker must then run into the box and step out to the side to avoid the ruck pad holder who steps forward to block him.
- As the attacker steps out of the side of the box, the defender on that side of the area comes forward to stop the attacker getting to the far end of the area.
- Develop by allowing both defenders to come forward from the corner.
You will need
- A 15m square area with a 1m box inside
- 1 ball
- 1 ruck pad
Got more players?
Line up attackers to come on in quick succession, or run another game alongside.
What to tell your players
“Take short steps just before the ruck pad and then explode away”
“Attack the defender and then step away”