Liza Bird Burgess and LJ Lewis discuss a round of questions about the practicalities of the game. In this episode, they are with Loughborough BUCS women's coach, Maria Crowfoot. MORE
What you can and can’t influence as a coach, with Sam Jarman
Sam Jarman works with coaches and athletes across a number of sports, including golf, rugby, football and cricket.
In this deep-thinking, revealing and practical podcast, we discuss…
- How our thoughts create our experience
- Is what happened in the past a reliable guide to the future?
- What to say (and not to say) to players before a big game
- Evaluating the evidence around performance – Can a thought really affect the flight of the ball?
- Misconceptions around confidence
- Nerves; understanding where they come from
- Evaluating and interpreting performance
For more from Sam, visit