Dan chats to Lisa Lane Brown about how we can practically improve mental toughness with our athletes and players. Drawing on her experience, first as a world-class ice hockey player and then as a mental skills coaches, she gives us recognisable steps for flipping the switch from nerves into confidence. MORE
What you can and can’t influence as a coach, with Sam Jarman
Sam Jarman works with coaches and athletes across a number of sports, including golf, rugby, football and cricket.
In this deep-thinking, revealing and practical podcast, we discuss…
- How our thoughts create our experience
- Is what happened in the past a reliable guide to the future?
- What to say (and not to say) to players before a big game
- Evaluating the evidence around performance – Can a thought really affect the flight of the ball?
- Misconceptions around confidence
- Nerves; understanding where they come from
- Evaluating and interpreting performance
For more from Sam, visit