Use this activity to get your players organising themselves on the move and give the outside player room to run. It works on footwork, handling and communication. MORE
VIDEO: Tunnel drill to help give individual feedback on passing
Use the tunnel drill to help give players individual feedback on their handling and passing skills. You can be more specific on each player’s technique.
- Have a player run through a channel with players on either side.
- One side of the channel has passers, the other side receivers.
- The working player takes and gives a pass as they run down this channel.
- Look for the working player to run in a natural style.
- Look out for players who twist their hips and cross their feet. This reduces their chances of fixing or beating defenders.
- Add another player to run along.
- Change the distances to force longer passes.