Use this scenario to develop your players' ability to get back into the game quickly and make good decisions. They also have to scan as they recover. MORE
VIDEO: Speed catch drill for handling warm ups
Use this warm-up activity to improve awareness, catching, looking up and speed of thought.
- Have a working player facing three passing players.
- Two of the passing players have a ball each.
- One passes to the working player who shapes their hands to catch the ball and then passes it back to the player without a ball who didn’t pass.
- As soon as that pass is made, the other passing player passes the ball to the catching player.
- Go for 30 seconds before swapping roles.
- The hands should be in shape so they take the ball effectively.
- The players need to look forward as they catch.
- It’s all about the catch, not the pass.