Being accurate with your ball receipt at kick-offs and drop-outs will consolidate your game. So help your players develop their catching, realignment and passing skills with this simple activity. MORE
Help your players start developing an ability to make decisions in contact with this activity that looks at good execution and communication.
- Put five attackers at one end of the first channel.
- Put five defenders behind you. They will run out to defend when you shout out the number.
- Before each channel is entered, call how many defenders are needed. Attackers then decide how to score/move the defenders/ set up a phase.
- After five seconds, shout CHANGE and the attackers pass their way to the start of channel 2 – you then shout a new number of defenders needed.
- If you call ONE, it should be a simple 2v1 activity, if you call TWO, another 3v2.
- Any higher number should indicate that contact might be inevitable as the channels are narrow and possession rather than passing might be the best way forward.
- Use passing and offloads with low numbers of defenders.
- In contact, look to clear out the threats