Use all your handling skill options in these three attacking scenarios. The outside backs need to communicate clearly where the spaces are to help the inside backs make the right decisions. MORE
Use this quick attack-defence-evasion game to improve your players’ awareness and speed. It can easily be developed to include other elements like self-organisation and decision making.
- Put four attackers in the middle of the box and four defenders on each corner.
- Shout out a colour, and the attackers need to run to that line without being tagged.
- The defenders race off their cones to tag a player.
- Repeat three times before changing teams over.
- Don’t swap a player to a defender if they are tagged. Give them all the four chances. Also, note which way they are facing to give them more chance next time.
- Give every attacker a ball.
- If an attacker is tagged, they don’t carry a ball next time.
- Play with one ball. The ball can be passed in any direction. When you shout the colour, the ball must be passed by a static player.
- Change the square into a rectangle.
- Have one of the defenders call out the colour to attack.
- Have the attackers stand facing inwards.