Take a pass under pressure, step away and beat another opponent. MORE
Cone collectors: Heads up attack and defence
Create chaotic starts for the attack and defence so they have to play heads-up rugby, make decisions, connect and win the situation.
- Spread out different coloured cones in one area of the box.
- Put three defenders at one side of the box, and four attackers on a line in front of the cones.
- Call a colour.
- On the call, the attackers race back to be in a position to attack with the ball.
- At the same time, the defenders race to the coloured cone called and pick it up, before turning to defend.
- The attackers aim to score over the line without being touched in possession of the ball.
- After the “go”, the defenders return the cones to the box, and restart on the other side.
- Throw the ball behind the attackers.
- An attacker is allowed to offload if the defender touches them with a hand holding a cone.
- A tackle is made if the defender touches the ball carrier with both hands touching the cone.
- Better communication.
- Better alignment.