Women's Rugby Coaching magazine editor, Jess Bunyard, goes to the very top of the English game to chat with Simon Middleton and Amy Turner. MORE
Si Nainby’s Deep Dive with guest Tom Farrow
Si Nainby delivers a two-part podcast with Tom Farrow is the Head of Strength and Conditioning for England 7s and owner of Areté Performance www.arete-performance.com.
1. The commute. 30 minutes with Tom to pull out some coaching takeaways.
2. The deep dive. In depth conversations around personalities and realities of playing and coaching.
1. The commute
- Lessons from 7’s for all rugby players.
- What young players should focus on in order to make the leap to being a professional player.
- The PLAY (Physically Literate Athletic Youths) and Freedom frameworks Arete uses with young players.
2. The deep dive
- Tom’s varied and chaotic path to coaching at the elite level and his immersive approach to personal development.
- The story behind Tom’s mission to cultivate heroes and the influence of Eastern philosophy on his approach.
- What Comedians can teach coaches.
- The importance of body control in contact skills and what it means to “Be like water”.