Dan chats with Jeff Neville, the host of The Loose Head podcast. Jeff has gathered an amazing array of some of the top coaches in the game and chat with them about their approaches. Now it is time to find out what he has learned and ask him the questions. We focus on three pods in particular: Andy Friend, Ben Ryan and Pat Lam. MORE
How to lead like Razor, Wayne, Robbie, Kieran and Sam. Elevate your game and player management the Crusaders way.
Dan talks to two key people from the Crusaders Coaching Leadership Programme™: Crusaders International Academy Manager Grant Keenan, and Kaila Colbin, CEO of Crusaders leadership training partner Boma.
They share their experience of working with the 13-time Super Rugby winners from New Zealand, and how the team has built their culture and environment.
They draw on leadership lessons from Scott “Razor” Robertson, Wayne Smith, Robbie Deans, Kieran Reid and Sam Whitelock.
Here are some of the themes they covered:
· Would you think that the Crusaders might be a bit scared if you’re sharing all the secrets, given that they’ve been so successful?
- How do you elevate the game?
- If all the teams in a league have a high-performance culture, what happens when you find yourself in the bottom half of the table?
- From a coach’s point of view, how do you help people understand their roles?
- How can you authentically care about your players?
- Should a coach be worried about their authority if they also show they care?
- Will the players slack if they know there’s always a soft landing from a caring coach?
- Knowing players is important, but can it also become too intrusive?
- What is meant by accountability and vulnerability?
- How have the Crusaders created themes?
For more information on joining the Crusaders Coaching Leadership Programme™, click here.