Need to inject some new ideas in training. Sometimes the old games have run their course. Well, for the time being anyway. Here are some fun games which are quick to set-up and, with few rules, give the players new challenges. Though they are primarily aimed at mini-tag, you can easily adapt them for older players. I think you find the energy generated quite uplifting. MORE
Minefield for mini tag
Encourage players to run forward and still avoid oncoming obstacles. There’s no turning back!
- Put five “floating” mines at one end of the box (in yellow above).
- Put five battleships at the other end (in blue above).
- On your command, the mines run (or walk) forward. Each mine moves towards a cone at the far end. They cannot change direction.
- In the meantime, the battleships run forward, always moving “upstream”, though they can move off course.
- If a battleship hits a mine, runs out of the ocean, or moves backwards, they lose a life.
- Swap ends at repeat. Then swap roles.
- Use tags, and have the mines try to tag the battleships.
- The battleships carry a ball. A sunk battleship can at least try to pass its cargo to the other side.