Get your ball carriers used to running forward to score tries. This session can be run as a warm-up or as a proper tackling session as well. Often players fail to run forwards even when they know the try line is that way. This session should encourage them to attack a space in front them and go for it. MORE
Minefield for mini tag
Encourage players to run forward and still avoid oncoming obstacles. There’s no turning back!
- Put five “floating” mines at one end of the box (in yellow above).
- Put five battleships at the other end (in blue above).
- On your command, the mines run (or walk) forward. Each mine moves towards a cone at the far end. They cannot change direction.
- In the meantime, the battleships run forward, always moving “upstream”, though they can move off course.
- If a battleship hits a mine, runs out of the ocean, or moves backwards, they lose a life.
- Swap ends at repeat. Then swap roles.
- Use tags, and have the mines try to tag the battleships.
- The battleships carry a ball. A sunk battleship can at least try to pass its cargo to the other side.