We know what a challenge getting youngsters to listen can be. So how do you get them motivated and having fun? It starts with the warm-up, when you need to set the tempo for your session… MORE
Minefield for mini tag
Encourage players to run forward and still avoid oncoming obstacles. There’s no turning back!
- Put five “floating” mines at one end of the box (in yellow above).
- Put five battleships at the other end (in blue above).
- On your command, the mines run (or walk) forward. Each mine moves towards a cone at the far end. They cannot change direction.
- In the meantime, the battleships run forward, always moving “upstream”, though they can move off course.
- If a battleship hits a mine, runs out of the ocean, or moves backwards, they lose a life.
- Swap ends at repeat. Then swap roles.
- Use tags, and have the mines try to tag the battleships.
- The battleships carry a ball. A sunk battleship can at least try to pass its cargo to the other side.