Sometimes, a play from a ruck finishes behind the original ruck. Help your players understand their roles and reactions to reset and attack again with this scenario activity. MORE
VIDEO: Simple 3 v 2 with super skills pass!
Here’s a simple 3 v 2 exercise, where the attackers and defenders run to the corners of the box before turning to play. Got to love the invention of the first receiver!
- Put attackers and defenders at the edge and middle of a large box, say 15m square.
- Have three attackers with one ball run down one side to one corner and two defenders run down to another corner.
- Both turn and play.
- The attackers aim to score without being touched while in possession of the ball.
- There’s more than one way to solve this one.
- Run straight and hard. Pass firmly once the defender gets in line with the ball carrier.
- The first receiver attacks the space between the defenders, and the first passer runs behind that player.
- The first receiver changes their angle of run onto the pass at the last moment, to attack the gap.
- Add another defender behind the first line.
- Allow kicking.