Game changer worked example
Let’s take a look at one of the Game Changer Games and apply the nine questions.
Watch this video: “Tackles Make Friends”
See if you can answer the questions yourself. You might be able to fill in all or just some of the questions. Don’t worry if you can’t answer them all at the moment because we haven’t yet explored some of the language yet.
- What is the purpose of the game?
- Can it be used for any other purpose?
- What principles of play are involved?
- What skills are being used?
- Is it appropriate for the group (age and capability)?
- What will be my focus?
- What rules/conditions can I use to make it easier/more challenging?
- What prior learning will I expect to see?
- What do I expect the end game to look like?
Here’s a printout to help you along.
Let’s see how your answers match up against my suggestions…