Use this continuous one minute game to put passing and decision-making under pressure. MORE
VIDEO: Pre-season – The FLAP game
Purpose of session
Warm up whilst practising the skills we want to encourage the ball carrier to use.
F – footwork
L – leg drive
A – aggressive rip
P – long Place
- 8 v 8 touch rugby in half a field (say, a 40m by 30m box)
- You must utilise all four aspects of the skill
- Award a point each time for excellent execution
- Turnover if not sufficiently well executed
- Points allocated for correct technique as well as for scoring tries
- Therefore, the purpose of the game isn’t necessarily to score a try!
What tempo do you need to execute the skill at?