Develop your players’ handling with this rotation of activities. Quick to set up, it could form part of a warm-up routine. Each exercise has a challenge to keep players motivated to look to improve. MORE
Quick Coach: Two pass race
- Short passing
“Lines of three players pass the ball quickly to the end player who races to a line in front of them to be the winner of the groups.”
Three cones and a ball per group.
HOW TO PLAY
- Put a player on each cone, with the ball at the right-hand cone.
- When you say go, the players pass the ball to the far player (two passes not one!).
- When the far player receives the ball, they sprint to the line in front of them.
- The winner is the first player to the line.
- Rotate the players and repeat.
- Once all the players have had one sprint, start the ball at the other end.
- Have the last receiver start a few metres back so they can run onto the ball. They decide how far back.
- Have the first receiver also start a few metres back.
With five, you can act as a feeder for one group. With four, time each attempt of a trio.