Don’t teach falling over. Teach the players to bounce themselves and therefore the ball off the ground and back into the game. It reduces the fear of falling by making the players embrace the ground as part of a skill for continuity. MORE
Quick Coach: Two pass race
- Short passing
“Lines of three players pass the ball quickly to the end player who races to a line in front of them to be the winner of the groups.”
Three cones and a ball per group.
HOW TO PLAY
- Put a player on each cone, with the ball at the right-hand cone.
- When you say go, the players pass the ball to the far player (two passes not one!).
- When the far player receives the ball, they sprint to the line in front of them.
- The winner is the first player to the line.
- Rotate the players and repeat.
- Once all the players have had one sprint, start the ball at the other end.
- Have the last receiver start a few metres back so they can run onto the ball. They decide how far back.
- Have the first receiver also start a few metres back.
With five, you can act as a feeder for one group. With four, time each attempt of a trio.