Use this scenario to develop your players' ability to get back into the game quickly and make good decisions. They also have to scan as they recover. MORE
VIDEO: Log roll warm-up
A physical, fun and warm-up, log rolls encourage teamwork and prepare players for contact.
- Split players into groups of at least six.
- Put five players in a row, on the ground, shoulder-to-shoulder.
- Put another player, on their back, across these players, lying across their middles.
- On your call, the group has to propel the prone player by rolling themselves. This means the end roller will have to run to the end to join the group to keep the log rolling.
- Make it race between groups.
- Ideally, the player on the top holds a ball.