Use these four set-ups to work on good technique by isolating players in overloaded situations. Trained in a controlled environment, these live practices will put scrum fundamentals under pressure. MORE
VIDEO: 4 ball pressure catching agility drill
Improve the catching agility of your players, so they can get used to taking passes from lots of different angles.
- Start in pairs.
- One player passes a ball to a receiver who puts the ball on the ground.
- The passer then passes another, and the receiver puts it between their knees.
- The passer then passes a third ball. The receiver takes the pass, throws it into the air.
- When the receiver throws the ball into the air, the passer passes the fourth ball.
- The receiver takes that pass, returns it, catches the ball they have previously thrown into the air.
- The receiver then passes back each ball in order.
- The passer has now turned into the receiver, so it works back and forth.
- Develop by working around a circle of four players.