Use this easy to replicate play for under 15 level players and above with forwards and backs combining, to allow momentum for better attacking plays. MORE
VIDEO: The tunnel drill in pairs
Developing the tunnel drill, the pairs exercise requires the supporting player to time their runs, plus provides a moving target for the first passer.
- Have two players run through a channel with players on either side.
- One side of the channel has passers, the other side receivers.
- The first working player takes and gives a pass to another player, who then passes the ball again as they run down this channel.
- Look for the working players to run in a natural style.
- Look out for players who twist their hips and cross their feet. This reduces their chances of fixing or beating defenders.
- Where’s best to stand?
- Can you give individual feedback during or at the end?
- Can the players themselves shout in advice, such as whether the pass is accurate?