Use this easy to replicate play for under 15 level players and above with forwards and backs combining, to allow momentum for better attacking plays. MORE
VIDEO: Tackle, recover, ruck warm-up
Use this activity to help players recover quickly from their tackle and then drive over the nearest threat to create a turnover opportunity. It is ideally used as a warm-up to more contact in and around the contact area.
- Put a ruck-pad holder behind a ruck pad and ball.
- Have a defender stand at right angles to the pad holder, ready to fall forward onto the pad.
- Have them fall forward and then recover their feet to drive back the pad holder.
- Another player races around to recover the ball.
- Keep rotating, with players potentially racing to see who is back on their feet the quickest.
- The “defender” makes a tackle on a ball carrier, with both players on one knee.
- Have another ruck-pad holder challenging the second player.