Getting ready for training needs players to get their bodies and minds in tune. Play lots of games to motivate and engage the players. Then break out into skills zones where your players can start to concentrate on the details. Here are four warm-up skills activities which can be mixed into your training routines, all from our growing video archive. MORE
VIDEO: Pass and move warm-up for agility and handling
Use this simple warm-up as a way of getting players thinking, moving and interacting in short bursts of time. It comes from our Skills Conditioning and Fitness DVD.
HOW TO DO IT
- Put two players inside a 5m box with a ball.
- One player puts the ball down in one corner, the next player retrieves the ball, passing it immediately to the first player.
- Continues this for 30 seconds. Then swap roles.
- Then rotate players between boxes, so they are working with another partner.
- See how many passes can be made in 30 seconds.
- The receiving player puts ball down, touches another cone before receiving the pass and then passes back. Now the players are rotating their roles within the exercise itself.
- Use different shaped balls.