Mismatches happen quickly and players need to judge when to go for it and when not to. There’s no better way to create lots of these scenarios than through a game. MORE
VIDEO: Pass and move warm-up for agility and handling
Use this simple warm-up as a way of getting players thinking, moving and interacting in short bursts of time. It comes from our Skills Conditioning and Fitness DVD.
HOW TO DO IT
- Put two players inside a 5m box with a ball.
- One player puts the ball down in one corner, the next player retrieves the ball, passing it immediately to the first player.
- Continues this for 30 seconds. Then swap roles.
- Then rotate players between boxes, so they are working with another partner.
- See how many passes can be made in 30 seconds.
- The receiving player puts ball down, touches another cone before receiving the pass and then passes back. Now the players are rotating their roles within the exercise itself.
- Use different shaped balls.