Develop players’ skills around the tackle and post-tackle situation. The tackler makes the tackle and then rolls out quickly. The ball carrier aims to present the ball well to prevent the steal (jackle). MORE
VIDEO: Ladder mirror warm up
Use this warm-up exercise to develop quick reactions as well as awareness of your opponent’s movements. You can use cones instead of ladders.
- Put a player either side of a ladder (or a row of cones).
- One player mirrors the other.
- The first player puts their foot into a ladder space and then another.
- The other follows.
- Run for 30 seconds and then swap who leads.
- Develop with the leader putting their hand or foot in the space.
- Keeping rotating the pairs.
- Develop by the mirroring player having to match the opposite limb; so left foot matches right.