How often do you despair that your players can’t score when there’s an overlap? Why is it players drift out in attack and play into the hands of the drift defence? Here are my simple solutions. MORE
VIDEO: Body drive warm-up (ideal for younger players too)
Improve the body positions to drive in a maul, scrum and through a ruck with this simple body drive warm up.
- Bind two players together, side-by-side.
- Have another player put their head between the hips of these two players, binding around their waists.
- With the two bound players resisting, the driving player steps forward.
- They should push for around 10m before players swap roles.
- Resistance should be enough for a very slow walk backwards by the bound players.
- Bend at the knees and hips, not at the back.
- Use short steps.
Get more ideas for the first years of contact here: