How many times have you seen an overlap go to waste? Not a 2 v 1, but if you have 4 v 3 or 5 v 3? MORE
VIDEO: Body drive warm-up (ideal for younger players too)
Improve the body positions to drive in a maul, scrum and through a ruck with this simple body drive warm up.
- Bind two players together, side-by-side.
- Have another player put their head between the hips of these two players, binding around their waists.
- With the two bound players resisting, the driving player steps forward.
- They should push for around 10m before players swap roles.
- Resistance should be enough for a very slow walk backwards by the bound players.
- Bend at the knees and hips, not at the back.
- Use short steps.
Get more ideas for the first years of contact here: