Getting ready for training needs players to get their bodies and minds in tune. Play lots of games to motivate and engage the players. Then break out into skills zones where your players can start to concentrate on the details. Here are four warm-up skills activities which can be mixed into your training routines, all from our growing video archive. MORE
VIDEO: 4 ball pressure catching agility drill
Improve the catching agility of your players, so they can get used to taking passes from lots of different angles.
- Start in pairs.
- One player passes a ball to a receiver who puts the ball on the ground.
- The passer then passes another, and the receiver puts it between their knees.
- The passer then passes a third ball. The receiver takes the pass, throws it into the air.
- When the receiver throws the ball into the air, the passer passes the fourth ball.
- The receiver takes that pass, returns it, catches the ball they have previously thrown into the air.
- The receiver then passes back each ball in order.
- The passer has now turned into the receiver, so it works back and forth.
- Develop by working around a circle of four players.