Sometimes the players are not perfectly aligned from an attacking ruck and have to adjust their running lines accordingly. This game-like session helps to adjust. This is a good session to mix up forwards and backs. You can also identify decision-makers who happily take on the role of the first receiver. MORE
Try scoring and support course
This fun session will challenge your players to execute their evasion, defensive and support skills finishing with a try. Good for all levels, as a session energiser or a skills workout.
Develop a range of skills in a short space of time, which will make players think on their feet and time their support runs, as they would have to in a game.
- Set up a course of cones and tackle tubes as above.
- Make sure there’s a ball on the top of the final tackle tube.
- Have a player tackle the first tube then use good footwork through a set of cones.
- He then tackles another tube, recovers the ball and scores a try.
- You can time his run as part of a competition.
- Develop by adding one and then two other players.
- They start at the same time, but run other parts of the course.
- They have to time their runs so they can receive a pass from the first player and then score.
- Develop further by having one of the players send a grubber kick through for a supporting player.
- Use proper tackles on the tube, with feet on the ground.
- Execute each skill at pace, but accurately.
- Score the try like you would in the game.