In Hard and Fast with the Miss Pass, we set up a “miss pass” training session. The miss pass is a long pass which skips one player, with the missed player drawing a defender in the process. MORE
The evasion hot box
Improve your players’ footwork and ability to evade contact. The “hot box” means your players will need to use their peripheral vision and their ability to see where defenders are.
- Even numbers of players start on each side of the 10m square.
- They start off jogging across the square. When they reach the opposite side they turn and jog back. They continue shuttling back and forth trying to avoid any contact with other players.
- Gradually increase the speed they are running at until they are at a full speed sprint.
- Move into the 15m square and start with even numbers on each corner.
- Put two defenders in the 3m square in the middle. They cannot leave the square.
- The front player at each corner starts with a ball. He has to run to the opposite corner through the middle square without being touched by a defender.
- If they make it (both feet have to be in the middle square) they get a point, if they get touched then they don’t.
- If an attacker reaches the hot box, they pass to a team mate who also goes into the hot box.
- Get the players to keep their own individual scores.
- Be light on the feet.
- Keep the head up.
- Keep moving.