The quality of the chase can define the quality of the kick. Work on “killing” the options available to the receiving team, thus pressurising them into mistakes or poor returns. MORE
Into the T presentation skills activity
Develop your players’ presentation skills after the contact. Here, the player has to place the ball back effectively to their teammates after the contact.
- Have a ball carrier and two support runners stand to the right or left side of the T.
- On your go, the ball carrier runs down the T, breaks through the ruck pads and falls to the ground just before the tube.
- Once the pads have been breached, the defender and the pad holders go around the tube, and attempt to win the ball.
- The support runners run up the T and try to secure the ball for a few seconds and then stop.
- Develop by having a player run at a tackler after receiving a pass, with two other players in support.
- A defensive support player aims to challenge for the ball at the tackle.
- Ball placement away from body and towards own team’s try line.
- Footwork before pads to get through gap.
- Targeting and clearing out threats over and around the ball.