Developing the tunnel drill, the pairs exercise requires the supporting player to time their runs, plus provides a moving target for the first passer. MORE
Into the T presentation skills activity
Develop your players’ presentation skills after the contact. Here, the player has to place the ball back effectively to their teammates after the contact.
- Have a ball carrier and two support runners stand to the right or left side of the T.
- On your go, the ball carrier runs down the T, breaks through the ruck pads and falls to the ground just before the tube.
- Once the pads have been breached, the defender and the pad holders go around the tube, and attempt to win the ball.
- The support runners run up the T and try to secure the ball for a few seconds and then stop.
- Develop by having a player run at a tackler after receiving a pass, with two other players in support.
- A defensive support player aims to challenge for the ball at the tackle.
- Ball placement away from body and towards own team’s try line.
- Footwork before pads to get through gap.
- Targeting and clearing out threats over and around the ball.