Nail your lineouts every time with an accurate throw from your hooker. Here are the five key things to make accurate throws the norm rather than the exception. MORE
Build a scrum and win it!
A simple game that integrates the scrum within a competitive context and teaches the huge part scrums play in retaining or regaining possession.
- Two sets of forwards against each other – depending on age group regulations – in a 20m square.
- Each team also has a back and a scrum half (9).
- All infringements and touch restarted by a scrum. Packs form as speedily as possible and call their formation as appropriate as it is completed:
- “Front row READY”.
- “Second Row IN”.
- Add another forward for back row if age group permits.
- Winning possession is everything. Sides score 1 point for winning their own put in, 5 for winning an opponent’s put in, with 5 points for a try; 2 points are available if aggressive scrummaging forces an error by the opposition.
- Safe, secure scrummaging is paramount but winning the ball is the focus.
- The team putting in looks to win the ball with good hooker/scrum half interaction.