Improve the movement and coordination needed for lifting the catcher at the kick off. MORE
Rugby Tchoukball aka Net threat
If you have access to a rebound net or even two, you can use this high energy game to work on awareness, handling and movement.
You can adjust the actual game of Tchoukball (see the video below) to suit your team’s needs. It could be played with 3 v 3 with one net or 4 v 4 on a larger pitch.
Set up the net with a 2-3m semi-circle of cones in front of the net. No players are allowed to stand in this area.
- To start with players must pass the ball to each player on their team. Players cannot run with the ball.
- Once each player has touched the ball then they can shoot by passing or kicking the ball at the crazy catch net.
- To score the ball must rebound off the crazy catch net and hit the ground without being caught by a member of the opposing team.
- If a defender catches a rebound successfully their team must get the ball across the halfway line before being able to attack either net again.
- Teams can score at either end but are only allowed to shoot once at a given end. If they shoot at the net and fail to score a point but keep possession, they must get the ball over half way before being able to shoot at either crazy catch net.
- Passes/kicks that completely miss the net mean that the opposition are awarded a point to promote accuracy.
- A ball drop is a turnover.