Denis Betts, former head coach of Rugby League side Widnes, spent four years as a rugby union skills coach at Gloucester. Here he shares his thoughts. MORE
Return to play: Social distance triangle game
Quick to set up, it can be used as part your RTP sessions or into the main season as a warm up activity.
- Set up the triangle and boxes as in the picture above.
- Put one or two defenders inside the triangle, putting cones down the middle for social distancing.
- Put an attacker in each box.
- The attackers have to pass/kick the ball through the triangle to score points. They have 60 seconds to accumulate as many points as they can.
- 2 points for pass, +1 if below shoulder height
- 5 points for a grubber kick
- 1 point for a punt