Develop your players’ ability to work in pairs in attack to beat defenders or offload under pressure to a support player. A great skills breakout for Ready4Rugby training. The ball carrier should always aim to go forward first and then beat the defender in front of him. If he can’t then he should be aware of his support players and offload the ball before or during contact. MORE
Return to play: Social distance triangle game
Quick to set up, it can be used as part your RTP sessions or into the main season as a warm up activity.
- Set up the triangle and boxes as in the picture above.
- Put one or two defenders inside the triangle, putting cones down the middle for social distancing.
- Put an attacker in each box.
- The attackers have to pass/kick the ball through the triangle to score points. They have 60 seconds to accumulate as many points as they can.
- 2 points for pass, +1 if below shoulder height
- 5 points for a grubber kick
- 1 point for a punt