Creating overlaps increases your chance of all positive results: scoring tries, gaining ground, making breaks and quick recycled ball. So use planned moves from the scrum base to manufacture a 3 v 2. MORE
VIDEO: Passing long, accurately and then under pressure
Develop your players’ long passing accuracy.
- Set out three narrow channels, about 5-10m apart, depending on the skills of your players.
- Have three players run down the channels, passing the ball along the line of players.
- Make sure the players stay inside channels so they are running straight before they pass.
Add defenders in the first two channels to pressurise the first two ball carriers.
- Run straight.
- Open the hips towards the receiver when passing.
- Follow the hands through to the target.
- Aim the pass in front of the ball carrier.