Increase the pressure on your players’ skills to offload the ball out of the tackle. This activity is an ideal development of Simple offloads. Put two defenders at each side of a 8m box. Put three attackers at the front of the box. One attacker passes the ball to the middle player, who runs... MORE
VIDEO: Simple offloads
Use this exercise to develop passing out of the tackle and the roles of the support players.
- Put a line of three tacklers on their knees about 5m apart.
- Have three to four attackers run forward, with the ball carrier taking a tackle on the shoulder that the defender in front of them indicates.
- As they take the tackle, the ball carrier passes the ball to the next player.
- Develop by having the tacklers on their haunches and then on their feet.
- Ensure that all tackle are at waist height.
Further develop by using Pressure offloads.