Use this exercise to develop passing out of the tackle and the roles of the support players. MORE
VIDEO: Pressure offloads
Increase the pressure on your players’ skills to offload the ball out of the tackle. This activity is an ideal development of Simple offloads.
- Put two defenders at each side of a 8m box.
- Put three attackers at the front of the box.
- One attacker passes the ball to the middle player, who runs forward.
- The tacklers aim to tackle the new ball carrier.
- The new ball carrier can only pass after they have made contact with the tacklers.
- Have the tacklers staggered.
- Allow the tacklers to go for the ball, so the ball carrier has to manipulate the tacklers.
This exercise is the extensions of Simple Offloads.