Use this activity to get your players organising themselves on the move and give the outside player room to run. It works on footwork, handling and communication. MORE
Understand that the ball goes backwards
U7 MINI-TAG | HANDLING 1
ACTIVITY: PASSING RACE
- Spread your players out in a line, standing about 1m apart and slightly staggered. Give a ball to the first player in the line.
- When you say “go”, the first player passes the ball to the player next to him then races to the far end of the line. His aim is to intercept the last pass to the final player.
- As the first player is running, the other players try to pass the ball along the line, as quickly as possible, to the final player. Their aim is to get the ball to the final player before the first player can intercept.
- If the first player intercepts the ball, or the ball is dropped, he goes back to the beginning and starts again.
- When the ball gets to the end of the line successfully, the first player stays at the end and the second player repeats.
What you say
“Look where the ball should go”
“Push the ball towards the target player”
How many players do I need?
Five players in a line is ideal, although you can adjust to suit your numbers. You can run more than one line at a time.
You will need
- 1 Ball