Use this T drill passing exercise to work on players passing, with added movement elements to create more variability and fatigue. A good activity for warm-ups and also part of a conditioning block during pre-season. MORE
Understand that the ball goes backwards
U8 MINI-TAG | HANDLING 1
ACTIVITY: SPREAD, PASS AND RUN FORWARD
- Put four players, one with a ball, on the starting cone facing the try line.
- The ball carrier runs to the cone in front of him and the players spread out facing the try line, with the end player on the cone that is 2m away from the line.
- When all the players are in position, they pass the ball along the line, with the end player taking the final pass and running forward to put the ball down over the try line.
- If the ball is dropped, the players go back to their starting point.
- Rotate the players so that they all get a chance to start and end with the ball.
- Develop by making the players run forward as they receive the ball. Further develop by timing the players to see how quickly they can set up and pass the ball.
What you say
“Look where the ball should go”
“Push the ball towards the target player”
How many players do I need?
You need four players to run this drill. With more players, either queue up groups of four by the starting cone or run another drill alongside.
You will need
- 1 ball
- 4 cones