Don’t teach falling over. Teach the players to bounce themselves and therefore the ball off the ground and back into the game. It reduces the fear of falling by making the players embrace the ground as part of a skill for continuity. MORE
Pass 1 metre to another player
U7 MINI-TAG | HANDLING 2
ACTIVITY: Passing triangles
- Split your players into groups of three and give each group a ball. Have them stand 1m away from each other.
- Get them to pass the ball to the player to their left, so it goes around the triangle six times. They should look where the pass should go and push the ball from the tummy towards the target player. Make them shout out how many times they’ve done it.
- Then, ask them do it six times the other way.
- Once they have completed this, they each take one step backwards, to make the triangle slightly larger, and repeat. They should do this, making the triangle larger each time, until they make two drops in a row. Then they take a step back in.
Laws of rugby
In Tag Rugby…
The ball must not be handed to another player.
What you say
“Look where the pass should go”
“Push the ball towards the target player”
How many players do I need
Organise the players in groups of three.
You will need
- 1 ball for every three players