Players work on their passing accuracy and then straight into a 2 v 1. The quick change should focus the players on working hard at executing their skills well. To improve passing, develop technique and then put it under pressure. This activity does both in a very short space of time. MORE
Get the ball to the wing – quick!
Exploit the space on the outside for your wingers by using effective passing and fixing defenders. Give your speedsters enough room to run in that space.
If you have a quick winger, then you need to hold up the midfield defence and allow that player time and space to attack.
- Put three players inside the 3m long, 25m wide box.
- Have the first player run into the box in front of him and pass into the next box.
- The second player does the same so the last player takes the ball on the run in the final box.
- The second player can pass before he reaches the end of a second box to the final player to sprint to the try line in front of him.
- At the same time set off a defender who tries to intercept the final ball carrier before he makes the try line.
- Put three attackers at one end of the box and two defenders opposite the first two attackers about 10m away from the attackers.
- Put another defender at the side of the box.
- From this side, a feeder passes to the first attacker.
- The defenders in the box can only pressurize the first two attackers.
- The defender outside the box covers the last attacker.
- Play touch rugby.
- Take the pass, run, fix your defender, look at the receiver and pass in front of him. BUT pull back the pass.
- Receivers, hold your run so you have enough time and space to pass and release players wide out.