Exploit the space on the outside for your wingers by using effective passing and fixing defenders. Give your speedsters enough room to run in that space. If you have a quick winger, then you need to hold up the midfield defence and allow that player time and space to attack. MORE
Catch the ball from another player
U7 MINI-TAG | HANDLING 3
ACTIVITY: Passing triangles
- Split your players into groups of three and give each group a ball. Have them stand 1m away from each other.
- Get them to pass the ball to the player to their left, so it goes around the triangle six times. Tell the catcher to call for the ball, keep his eyes on the ball and put his hands up to make a target.
- Then, ask them do it six times the other way.
- Once they have completed this, they each take one step backwards, to make the triangle slightly larger, and repeat. They should do this, making the triangle larger each time, until they make two drops in a row. Then they take a step back in.
What you say
“Call for the ball”
“Keep your eyes on the ball”
“Put your hands up to make a target”
How many players do I need
Organise the players in groups of three.
You will need
- 1 ball for every three players