Use this warm-up activity to improve awareness, catching, looking up and speed of thought. MORE
3 ways to score tries from passing
The final scoring pass is very important but ensuring the ball gets to the key passer at the right time is just as important if you want your team to score more tries from passing. This activity starts the process before you put in a defensive line.
Passing activity 1
- Start with four attackers running and passing
- The third passer attacks the ruck pad or tackle tube before delivering a pass
Passing activity 2
- Then use a miss pass from the second to the fourth attacker. Squeeze the players together if they are not good at long passes
- The fourth player attacks the pad and then passes inside
Passing activity 3
- A third option involves a deeper runner
- The line-up is slightly different, with the third attacker coming from behind the second player, as the second player attacks the tube or pad
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
- Put in three defenders. The first one targets the first player. The next two focus on the other three.
- For developing players, use just two defenders to start with.
- Accurate passing to the key passer.
- Hands up as a target.
- Players moving onto the ball at pace.