Challenge your team’s go forward by seeing who can score a try the fastest. A full contact small-sided game which will add an additional pressure element to create a tactical edge. MORE
Pass, pass, break
Create a rhythm of pass, support and probing for space where your attackers keep
shifting the defence until they spot a gap to attack. Ideal attack training for sevens too.
The ball carrier has to work hard to do three things in sevens: 1: Fix the defence by keeping straight. 2: Running in support after the pass. 3: Maintaining depth in attack.
- Put four attackers at one end of the box with a ball.
- Put three defenders opposite them on the line. The defenders can only move side-to-side.
- The first attacker passes the ball and then follows the pass.
- Then each attacker does the same.
- The final attacker takes the ball wide to the line then passes back deep for the other attackers to repeat.
- Again the wide attacker runs wide and passes back in.
- This continues until the attack feel that the defence is out of position.
- Either they are too spread out in the middle, leaving enough of a gap to create a 2 v 1, or they are not spread enough.
- The attack aims to get across the line without being touched.
- Develop by making the box longer but calling “live” at any time. Then the defence can come forward.
- The attackers have one second to pass the ball if they are touched in possession.
- Run straight to fix defenders, run out when on the outside.
- Keep working after the pass.