Encourage all the best attributes in a good defensive line with this game of slide and hammer. It will improve your teams’ line speed and cohesiveness. MORE
Parent & kid session: Pick up the right ball
Work on awareness, ball handling and communicate. You need a bunch of different shaped balls and a jumper. Game devised by Harry, Charley, Charlie, Elsa and Tony (dad).
INTRODUCTION TO GAME
THE SKILLS AND THE GAME
- Put a bunch of balls into a small area.
- Blindfold kid. A jumper/rugby shirt is ideal.
- Stand behind kid.
- Shout out where you want to catch the ball, for example, short left, long right.
- Kid leans into area to pick up a ball. If it’s a rugby ball, they pass it. If it is another ball, then they lose a life.
- Have a younger sister or brother shout when kid makes a mistake.
- Specify different types of pass, like off-the-ground, standing up.
- Do a press up before each pass.
- Count down to put pressure on the passer.