It's going to be wet and wild across the UK this weekend. If you are in another part of the world, we hope you will be enjoying better weather. Covid lockdowns mean that, if you can get out and train, this is a massively important connection time for your players. Here are four ideas for activities you can use. Quick to set up and play. We hope you enjoy your weekend. MORE
Handling basics into handling decisions
Players work on their passing accuracy and then straight into a 2 v 1. The quick change should focus the players on working hard at executing their skills well.
To improve passing, develop technique and then put it under pressure. This activity does both in a very short space of time.
- Put three attackers opposite three gates about 5m apart.
- Have them run forward with the first attacker taking and giving a pass before he goes through the gate in front of him.
- The receiver goes through the next gate and passes to the last attacker.
- The first attacker runs through the middle gate and turns to run back through the gate the third attacker first ran through. He turns to defend.
- The other two attackers go through their far gates and then run back down for a 2 v 1.
- Set up three attackers facing away from two defenders. Have the defenders start at one of three distances away from the attack, lined up inside the first two attackers.
- Have the attackers run back 5m (they can face the defenders at any stage though).
- Release the defence at any time and the attack have to score at the far end of the 15m box, without the ball carrier being two-hand touched.
- Run straight, look at the target, pass in front of the target and follow through with the hands.
- Attack the defender, and pass hard to target so the defender has less chance to follow the pass.