Being accurate with your ball receipt at kick-offs and drop-outs will consolidate your game. So help your players develop their catching, realignment and passing skills with this simple activity. MORE
Can your players beat a key defender who’s out of position? Use this tag game to work on taking a free pass or running onto the pass.
- Have one attacker make a free pass to another attacker.
- A defender (who’s like the German goalkeeper playing in the World Cup against South Korea), starts out-of-position on Cone A.
- The attacker aims to get to the end of the box before being tagged.
- If the attacker is successful move the defender up to the next cone.
- Finally, have the defender come from the cone at the end of the box.
- Have the player running onto the pass, but starting from the back of the box.
- Put another defender in front of the attackers. Now the starting ball carrier run with the ball. It now becomes a 2 v 1 with another defender chasing from behind.
- For non-tag players, have different starting positions for the players, like on their fronts or facing the other way.