Take a pass under pressure, step away and beat another opponent. MORE
U9 | EVASION 1
Get your players working on their evasion skills in attack and footwork skills in defence
- Use cones to set up five different coloured 3m circles one in each corner of the area – the “islands” – and one in the centre.
- Make one player the “shark” and put him in the centre circle. Split the other players into pairs and put them on the islands.
- When you call out two colours, players must move from island to island. For example if you call “blue to green” the pair on the blue island would run to the green island. If you then shouted “white to yellow”, the pair on the white island would run to the yellow island, and so on.
- At any time call “SHARK ATTACK” and the shark in the centre runs around and tries to touch as many players as possible before they can reach the safety of the nominated island.
- A touched player goes to the middle and becomes a shark. A player who runs out of the area also becomes a shark. The game continues until all players are eliminated.
- Develop by allowing the sharks to tackle.
You will need
- A 20m square area
- Coloured cones
- A bib for the shark (optional)
Got more players?
Make the area and circles bigger and start with three on each island and two sharks.
What to tell your players
“Be light on your feet”
“Keep moving forward, even if you have to evade a shark”