"When asked what my three go-to U12s warm-ups are, I have no hesitation in listing them out", says Dan Brockhurst, owner of DB Sports Coaching. MORE
A fun game to help work on defensive footwork as well as evasion skills from attackers.
Develops evasion skills, plus defensive footwork and communication.
- Put three “prisoners” inside the 3m square and four “guards” on the corners of the 10m square as above.
- Release the prisoners at the same time. They have to make it outside the 10m square without being touched but no prisoner can escape over the same line.
- Prisoners are not allowed to return to the 3m square and must not dive to get out.
- Any prisoner caught swaps with the guard who caught him.
- Every player returns to their start positions at the end of each go.
- Add up who “breaks” the most over 20 goes.
- Develop by changing the starting positions of the guards as above.
- Prisoners: Run hard for the break. Dancing around on the spot might mean another guard can catch you.
- Guards: Call who you are covering.