A ball carrier races into the channel and then turns to beat a chasing defender to the end of the channel MORE
Fast feet rugby drill without ladders
Cone-a-copia rugby footwork drill
- Place about 30 cones randomly into a 5m by 2m area, all upside down.
- The player, starting 5m away, runs to the “cone zone”, runs through the zone without touching the cones and accelerates away for 10m.
- Encourage head up. If possible the players should carry a ball. If not, hold both hands together.
Develop the rugby drill
- Receiving a pass once through the cones.
- Bouncing off contact just before the cones and accelerating away through the cones.
If your rugby players are complaining about boring, repetitive warm-up drills, why not invest in The Ultimate Rugby Warm-ups Manual to refresh your coaching sessions. Click here to order.
Click here for more rugby coaching tips to make footwork drills fun.