Work on defending, realigning and defending under pressure and fatigue conditions. Good work for normal rugby and for touch rugby too. MORE
Stand in the correct position for a restart
U8 MINI-TAG | DEFENDING 4
ACTIVITY: WHO’S READY FIRST?
- Split your players into two teams. Put half of each team on one side of the area and half on the other.
- Players should line up along the side of the area with one “half team” on each side of the centre cone. You stand in the middle with the ball.
- When you say “go”, all the players run into the middle. The first group to form the correct defensive line will receive the ball. Give them a few seconds to realign and then let them play.
- Develop by calling out a number from 2 to how ever many you have in the lines. That number of players from the front of each line run into the box to line up.
What you say
“Form part of a line”
“Get others to form part of a line”
How many players do I need?
You need a minimum of eight players for this activity but can play with up to 16 (adjusting the size of the area to suit).
You will need
- 1 ball
- 7 cones
- bibs for one team
- 1 tag belt for each player