“The supporting player starts in front of the ball carrier, while the defender has his back to the attack. When you shout play, with the supporting player walking forward and the defender out of position, the players will have to think quickly to come up with winning solutions.” MORE
Quick Coach: Track and attack
- Evasive skills
- Defensive tracking
“The defender keeps themselves light on their feet, head up and marking a potential break, coming forward to close down an attacker when they move forward”
A 10m by 3m box.
HOW TO PLAY
- Three attackers spread themselves along the side of the box. A defender starts opposite the first ball carrier.
- The attackers pass the ball along the line and back again.
- The defender slides across with each pass.
- At any stage an attacker can race forward to score. They have to simply get one foot over the far line to score.
- The defender must make a two-handed touch to prevent the score.
- Rotate the players after every go.
- Make the box wider, but not longer.
- Make the tackle a grab tackle.
- Allow one attacker to support the running player who can pass the ball.
With five, have four attackers along the line. With six, go back to three along the line.