Make sure your ruck defenders make gain line tackles to stop an attack making easy ground. It requires good body positions, plus the discipline not to drift out. Put into a game context quickly with the developments and game situation. MORE
Make your ruck defence rock solid
Create a simple defensive system around the edge of your rucks to:
- Deny the opposition easy gains.
- Pressure them into mistakes.
- Create more chances for turnovers.
Use the sessions and advice below to:
- Understand what your role is as a defence coach.
- Make sure you are up-to-date on the latest thinking around defensive positioning at the rucks.
- Create activities to develop tactical awareness of your players.
- Put the skills into realistic game situations.