Improve the ball carrier's footwork to attack a gap at pace, drawing a defender and passing to a support player. Also, develop the roles of the support players to put pace onto the pass and change angles quickly. MORE
VIDEO: Handling in confined spaces 3 v 3
Develop attacking skills in a narrow channel with multiple scenarios created by random interventions of support players and defenders. This exercise allows for plenty of invention, creativity and thoughtful defence.
- Mark out three 5m channels in a row, with a ball carrier in front of each channel.
- Put a defender 2m-5m in front of each ball carrier.
- Shout out which ball carrier is going to play. They attack down their channel.
- The other ball carriers drop their ball and move to support the ball carrier.
- The other defenders run to a point behind them outside the channels before coming across to defend.
- Play full contact or at least grab tackling.
- The attacking team aim to get to the end of the channel.
- Always aim to go forward to pressurise the defenders.
- Shield the ball from defenders coming in from the side.
Change the width of the channels.
Add in an additional attacker coming from the side.
Put the defenders in different starting points.
For more like this try: