Use this continuous 2 v 1 exercise to keep the players thinking and adjusting with slightly different scenarios each time. It will also help develop communication. No 2 v 1 situation is the same, so why train specific situations when you can continually mix it up with this activity. MORE
Understand the need to pass once tagged
U7 MINI-TAG | ATTACKING 5
ACTIVITY: TAG CORRIDORS
- Put three attackers, one with a ball, at one end of the area. Put one defender inside the area at 5m and another at 10m.
- When you say “go”, the ball carrier runs forward aiming to score at the far end. The defenders aim to tag the ball carrier.
- When tagged, the ball carrier has to stop and pass to another attacker.
- When the attackers reach the far end, they turn and repeat, with a different attacker starting with the ball.
Laws of rugby
In tag rugby, a player…
Must pass within three strides or three seconds of being tagged.
What you say
“Pass the ball when you are tagged”
How many players do I need
This activity requires five players at a time, but you can have attackers and defenders lined up ready to take their turn.
You will need
- 1 Ball
- 8 Cones
- 1 Bib for each defender
- 1 Tag belt for each attacker