Challenge attackers and defenders to play from a dynamic situation to score or prevent a try. Keep your players thinking about which skills to use to be successful. In this case, good evaion, closing down the space, using the support player, running in support. MORE
Understand the need to pass once tagged
U7 MINI-TAG | ATTACKING 5
ACTIVITY: TAG CORRIDORS
- Put three attackers, one with a ball, at one end of the area. Put one defender inside the area at 5m and another at 10m.
- When you say “go”, the ball carrier runs forward aiming to score at the far end. The defenders aim to tag the ball carrier.
- When tagged, the ball carrier has to stop and pass to another attacker.
- When the attackers reach the far end, they turn and repeat, with a different attacker starting with the ball.
Laws of rugby
In tag rugby, a player…
Must pass within three strides or three seconds of being tagged.
What you say
“Pass the ball when you are tagged”
How many players do I need
This activity requires five players at a time, but you can have attackers and defenders lined up ready to take their turn.
You will need
- 1 Ball
- 8 Cones
- 1 Bib for each defender
- 1 Tag belt for each attacker