A fast number 8 can be launched off the back of the scrum into the backline. Here’s how to exploit this. Place three tackle tubes in a T-Shape (or use cones or ruck pads). Have your number 8 (or any forward) stand at the bottom of the T with a defender on the right-hand side... MORE
Score a tag try
U8 MINI-TAG | ATTACKING 2
ACTIVITY: PASS THE PARCEL
- Split your players into pairs. Put each pair about 1m apart, facing each other with a ball. They should be about 5m from the try line.
- Start by having the players pass the ball to each other.
- When you shout “go”, the players with the ball race to the line and score a tag try.
- Develop by having the winners of the race take one large step away from the try line before they start passing the ball. Further develop by having both players run to the line, but they have to pass once before the line.
Laws of rugby
In Tag Rugby, a player…
1. Must not dive to score.
2. Can score with one step after being tagged.
What you say
“Touch the ball down using both hands”
How many players do I need?
You can run this activity with as many pairs of players as you like – make sure you have enough balls for one per pair.
You will need
- 1 ball per pair